We all know a good night’s sleep is important.
We need this rest in order to process information throughout the day and also to repair and rebalance the body, both physically and mentally. It can become stressful when you’re unable to keep cool in bed, making it even harder to drift off and then to stay asleep.
Our Silentnight sleep expert advises that in order for us to sleep well, there needs to be a “fractional temperature difference between our body and brain” – in other words, ‘a warm body and a cool head!
With these ten tips from sleep expert keep cool and get a great night’s sleep in the heat:
- Stop your bedroom over-heating during the day by keeping curtains and blinds closed
- Wash your feet and run your wrists under cold water before getting into
- Use light bed sheets and a summer duvet such as the Silentnight Anti-Allergy Light Duvet or Pure Cotton 4.5 Tog Duvet
- Place a wet flannel in the fridge for an hour or so before getting into bed and lay it on your forehead to help you drift off to
- Stay well hydrated during the day